Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy Apple TV in a country where Netflix is not available, will I be able to access Netflix from my country where Netflix is available?

Hey guys.

I have an urgent question.

I'm from Argentina where Netflix is available. I have an account.

I have a friend who is in Spain right now, where Netflix is not yet available.

I asked him to bring me an Apple TV 3 because it is much cheaper there. And I need to access Netflix from a Non Smart LCD I have.

And he is leaving Spain in a couple of hours.

He went to the Madrid's Apple Store where he was told that they didn't know if he could be able to use Netflix in Argentina from the Apple TV bought in Spain.

If you look at Apple's Spanish site for the Apple TV, you can't see Netflix in the images: http://store.apple.com/es/buy-appletv/appletv

But you can in the US site: https://www.apple.com/appletv/

Do you know if I'll be able to access Netflix in Argentina (where Netflix is available) from an Apple TV bought in Spain (where Netflix is not available)? Is there some kind of regional lock from Apple TV?

Thanks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 7:44 AM

1 reply

Feb 10, 2015 10:02 AM in response to tom_car

It should be fine provided Netflix is available on AppleTV normally in Argentina - in the Settings menus there are a couple of location/country type settings - the unit has a universal power supply and apart from potentially a plug adapter for the power cord if needed it should work fine.

AppleTv's are not region locked at all, you should be able to get all services available on an AppleTV sold in Argentina on one sold in Spain provided you configure the location info correctly.

If I buy Apple TV in a country where Netflix is not available, will I be able to access Netflix from my country where Netflix is available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.