Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error message 1053 following last Apple software update. Unable to access/re-install iTunes.

Is anybody else finding a problem with the last software update? I have tried the following several times:

• Uninstalled all Apple components from PC including iCloud
  • Cleared out cache
  • Reinstalled iTunes

Each time the reinstall tries to load Services, the installation fails. I access the Apple Mobile Device Service via Adminstrative tools and attempt to 'start' the device but this won't work and I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start Apple Mobile Device Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in timely fashion"

If anyone has any workaround for this I would be very pleased for your advice.

Many thanks

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 9:56 AM

8 replies

Feb 12, 2015 6:35 AM in response to L_D_F

Hey L_D_F,

It sounds as if you have already done a lot of the troubleshooting I would have suggested for your issue of reinstalling iTunes, so thanks for the good start. One thing that may possibly be coming up at this point is conflict with security software. I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Resolve issues between iTunes and security software - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing,

Brett L

Feb 13, 2015 3:44 AM in response to hayrae23

I found this link to the Apple site:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1784?viewlocale=en_US - iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards)

I feel your pain - was losing the will with this and spent ages googling possible fixes. This worked immediately but it is just possible that Apple fixed whatever the bug was and my success was coincidental - who knows?!

Best of luck and enjoy your new phone.

Sep 11, 2015 6:49 PM in response to L_D_F

L_D_F,

Was your probelm that iTunes woudnt install because it got stuck on startingthe Apple Mobile Device Services? I have the same however your solution didnt work. :-( My error mssage is also 1053 the service did not respond correctly to the start instruction.... whatever that means.

Any help... I have deleted uninstaslled in sequence reinstalled etc. etc. desparate)

sintx

Error message 1053 following last Apple software update. Unable to access/re-install iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.