Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drains after 8.1.3 upgrade on my iPhone 6.

Since I upgraded my iPhone 6 to 8.1.3 the battery is draining very fast. I used to be able to go all day and still be at 60 - 70%. Now I am at 50-60% after 3 or 4 hours. I do have both WiFi and Bluetooth on but I have always done that. I have iPhone hearing aids that connect to the phone by Bluetooth. I am connected to WiFi when at home so it isn't searching for internet.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 9:52 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 10:29 AM in response to djowen

Try to reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage before setting it up as new device.

Feb 11, 2015 12:39 PM in response to djowen

There were some other similar posts (that I can not find now) with a suggested solution that worked for me on my iPhone 5. Before 8.1.3 my battery lasted all day easily, after 8.1.3 it dropped like rock. The posts suggested some kind of infinite loop retry related to the iPhone trying to access an account (the ones under Settings > Mail,Contacts,Calendars > ACCOUNTS). The suggested solution was to log into https://appleid.apple.com/ (I did this from a laptop) and update the password if prompted to, because the current password was not secure enough. I logged into my apple id and was not prompted because my password was secure enough. I then logged into my wife's apple id (that I access from my phone) and was prompted for a more secure password (bingo). I made this change last night and my iPhone 5 battery is back to normal; it is like day and night. I guess it's possible Apple fixed something on their end at the same time; whatever, it working great now!

Battery drains after 8.1.3 upgrade on my iPhone 6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.