Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having a problem with receiving Yahoo Messenger (app) push notifications since the beginning of February.

Is there anyone else who has an iPhone and the Yahoo Messenger app and is having problems with it? i’ve stopped getting push notifications and have to open the app to see if I have any messages. This happened about a week or so ago (beginning of February, very close to the release of 8.1.3), and while it’s highly believable that it could be yet another Yahoo bug, it might just be incompatible with the new iOS 8.1.3 update. I currently have 8.1.3 and it’s glitching on my phone, but a friend of mine has the iPhone 6 running iOS 8, and his notifications work perfectly fine. (I am also having the sam lack of notification issue on my iPad mini, which runs iOS 8.1.2).

I have already tried

• restarting my phone
  • uninstalling and reinstalling YIM
  • resetting stats on YIM
  • resetting all settings on the iPhone

Not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 10:01 AM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2015 7:45 PM in response to juulesverne

This is an issue with Yahoo!, not an issue with the iOS Devices, no matter the software version of the device. One way you can confirm if this issue is with Yahoo! is to check your other E-Mail providers. I have done this, my Gmail and Outlook all work fine. Contact Yahoo!, Apple only allows the ability to put the E-Mails on the phone, they are not responsible for the behavior in which Yahoo! operates.

Having a problem with receiving Yahoo Messenger (app) push notifications since the beginning of February.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.