Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Combining Point?

I have been an Apple user since1985 and a Discussion Group user since it started. I've gathered points but every time Apple makes a change in the process, I must start over. Odd that during all these years I've had to change ID's or upgrade passwords and each time points are lost into the wilderness. I've asked Apple 'What can I or Apple do to merge all the points since I am still me in their addressing database.

Anyone have a suggestion?

It's embarrassing to be old and still be level 1 with zero point. Seems no one cares about a level 1 in responding to inquiries.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Other Mac's linked to Airport

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 10:20 AM

3 replies

Feb 10, 2015 10:33 AM in response to budspwr

" Seems no one cares about a level 1 in responding to inquiries.": True

There is no way to merge Apple ID, and since the Apple Support Community uses the Apple ID to login, the points are linked to every Apple ID. I doubt they will have a straight out solution for this. You could try to recover your older Apple IDs at appleID.apple.com , and if you can't access them because you neither remember security questions nor have access to the secondary email, you can contact Apple to ask them to unlock it for you.

To do this, click here and pick a method; if that page doesn't list one for your country or you're unable to call, fill out and submit this form.

Feb 10, 2015 11:01 AM in response to budspwr

This has been discussed - at great length - for years. Seems the answer is still NO (you cannot merge IDs). The reason? Likely that it would take an Apple employee with access/read-write privileges to a very BIG database to fix something that Apple likely deems a result of poor planning - and spend ±1 hour or so searching, copy/pasting, who knows what all to accomplish this. It is not that it cannot be done, it just costs too much to do it - with no return on the investment for the shareholders.

I have had to do the same thing as you when wacky stuff happens.

There does appear to be a way to manage your purchases and such - here in plain language:

--------

gail from maine Mar 26, 2014 3:26 PM
Re: Can I merge 2 Apple IDs? in response to trolt

Go to Manage your Apple ID, click on Reset Password, and type in your old @mac.com Apple ID in the Apple ID field:

Apple - My Apple ID

It will ask you to answer your security questions. If you can't remember the answers to them, then you can contact Apple Support and have them reset them for you. Then, once you are able to get into the Apple ID account that goes with that old email, update your password to match whatever password you are using on your current Apple ID:

APPLE ID SECURITY CONTACT NUMBERS

Also, make sure you have authorized your computer with each of the IDs signed onto iTunes.

Now, you have access to purchsed items for both IDs in the same iTunes library, and when you need to provide a password for doing App and other updates, you will type in the same password regardless of which ID is displaying for the update.

Apple IDs don't go away, so even if you have an Apple ID that is using a defunct email address, you can still access it, and the items that were purchased under it.

Cheers,

GB

--------

And here QUOTING Apple Documents:

--------

jaredfs Jan 15, 2015 7:44 AM
Re: merging Apple Id in response to mwattsrussell

I'm afraid that you cannot merge Apple ID's. You would be best suited recovering the passwords to your old ones so that you can download any purchases made with those and then remove them from your devices, and then choosing one to move forward with that is always signed in. See the FAQ's below for more info:

I have multiple Apple IDs. Is there a way for me to merge them into a single Apple ID?

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

If you are wondering how using multiple Apple IDs relate to iCloud, see Apple IDs and iCloud.

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. See Changing your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

--------

japib has given the Apple pat answer methods for contacting Apple for what they title Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

What I resolved to do is merely start over here in ASC with a particular moniker, and stick with it through thick and thin. Making pretty good level up progress in 9 months or so. 😎

best regards from another decades long Apple Corpsman

ÇÇÇ

Feb 10, 2015 11:29 AM in response to budspwr

You did not mention why/how you changed your account here; I also lost an old account/points during a changeover a long time ago. Since your problem has to do with the forums here, I'd suggest that you use the link in para. 1.13 to send an email to the hosts. I do not know if they can help with this issue, but it is worth a try:

Apple Support Communities Use Agreement

Combining Point?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.