Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot startup iCloud on my mobile devices.

I've attempted to sign on to iCoud.com is the past few days, but it keeps telling me to:1) Set up iCoud on this device; 2) Install Find My iPhone; 3) Install Find My Friends.

iCloud was already set up on my iPhone & iPad. What changed & how can I get back on to my iCloud account to view mail, messages, etc.???

iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 11:02 AM

You cannot go to iCloud.com on your device. To see your iCloud Mail tap on the Mail app icon. To see your Messages, tap on the Messages app icon, etc.

You can go to iCloud.com on a computer, but not on your device.

Cheers,

GB

5 replies

Feb 10, 2015 11:13 AM in response to gail from maine

Thanks for that little tidbit!

I don't know if you've seen the page that comes up on the iPhone/iPad; but it leaves you guessing what to do next. I was just clicking on my saved tab in Safari to get there. This is the 1st time that I've saved a spreadsheet(Numbers) & wanted to retrieve it while on the road. How do I do that without the ability to sign in to my icloud account?

Thanks again...

Mark

Feb 10, 2015 12:02 PM in response to damaag

Wow! It would be nice if Apple would share some of these clues! I realize that its Beta, but why don't they just give you the info that you need to know? Anyway, I still can't open the spreadsheet from iPhone or iPad...

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! My early conclusion here is that this doesn't work worth a **** from a mobile device.

Mark

Feb 10, 2015 2:32 PM in response to finehomes

Yeah - that little trick is good to know! Here is what Apple says about using iWork for iCloud beta (remember, this is still a beta process), on iOS:

Does iWork for iCloud beta work on iOS devices or other mobile platforms?

iWork for iCloud beta requires a Mac or PC using a supported OS and browser. iWork for iCloud beta isn't available on mobile browsers. However, you can download iWork for iOS from the App Store.

In order to use the iWork applications on your Mac, you have to upgrade to iCloud Drive which allows you to access all of your documents on all of your devices if the devices are running iOS 8. You also have to be running Yosemite in order to access the drive on your Mac.

Cheers,

GB

I cannot startup iCloud on my mobile devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.