Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GSX Active User Request

I just received an email from what appears to be GSX Notifications except the email did not come from gsx_notifications@apple.com, but from @sps.apple.com with a link to what looks exactly like the GSX login page.

I was hesitant to go ahead and login fearing that it was some kind of spoof that was collecting Apple IDs and passwords.

Has anyone else gotten the same type of email lately (more specifically, today)?

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 12:22 PM

2 replies

Feb 10, 2015 1:52 PM in response to Javier Huerta

Correction, the incoming email was from gsx_notifications@sps.gsx.com not sps.apple.com. Once I turned on notifications at the GSX page without going through the regular link I have bookmarked, all of the notifications I got from GSX were from gsx_notifications@apple.com.

Here is the link they had for the GSX login page.

http://idmsa.webgsxsecure.apple-locate.com/IDMSWebAuth/classicLogin.html?appIdKe y=45571f444c4f547116bfd052461b0b3ab1bc2b445a72138157ea8c5c82fed623

Jul 2, 2015 5:06 PM in response to Javier Huerta

I think it's a phishing scam, don't go to site and log in. I found a few links which explain it. I will list them below.

Apple GSX Access Privileges pretending to come from gsx_notifications@apple. is one of the latest phish attempts to steal your Apple account

This one only wants your Apple log in details Many of them are also designed to specifically steal your credit card and bank details, your email, facebook and other social network log in details as well.

The original email looks like this It will NEVER be a genuine email from Apple or any other company so don’t ever click the link in the email. If you do it will lead you to a website that looks at first glance like the genuine Apple website but you can clearly see in the address bar, that it is fake. Some versions of this phish will ask you fill in the html ( webpage) form that comes attached to the email.

Dear GSX User,

Your access privileges on the Apple Global Service Exchange (GSX) system were revoked by GSX_Rejections@group.apple on 19-Feb-2015

Reason for Revoking access

I took out the .com so no one would click on the phoney link by mistake or just cat curiosity.

I hoped this helped, Also I use mywot which tells me if a site is legit most of the time.

GSX Active User Request

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.