Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent photos, when dragged and dropped to a folder on my PC, all show as zero KB. Older photos copy normally.

Recent photos, when dragged and dropped to a folder on my PC, all show as zero KB, can not preview, thumbnails just display the generic icon. The photos can be opened and saved if I email them, and display normally on my phone. Older photos copy normally to the PC. Unlocked iPhone 5s connected to Windows XP PC via USB, recognized as external drive just like always. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 3:26 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2015 8:18 AM in response to Rockbuster

Hello Rockbuster,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that your pictures on the iPhone are not being completely recognized by your PC running Windows XP. To start troubleshooting this issue, please use the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard on your computer. For further troubleshooting steps, please take a look at the information in the article below.

iOS: Unable to import photos to computer - Apple Support

Have a good one,

Alex H.

Recent photos, when dragged and dropped to a folder on my PC, all show as zero KB. Older photos copy normally.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.