Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.3 Location info causes crash

Every app that accesses Location information crashes as soon as it does so. It has happened since iOS8. Calendar, Facebook. Twitter - anything. Has anyone else has this happen and been able to stop it? I have done hard resets, but I'm reluctant to wipe everything and start again.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 2:17 PM

I have not experienced this behavior. The next step in user troubleshooting is restore from backup. If that does not fix it, then restore the device as new. No matter how reluctant you may be, should you not want to move down this path, Apple will for certain. So you can try this troubleshooting tip, or you can let Apple do it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2015 2:17 PM in response to Hez777

I have not experienced this behavior. The next step in user troubleshooting is restore from backup. If that does not fix it, then restore the device as new. No matter how reluctant you may be, should you not want to move down this path, Apple will for certain. So you can try this troubleshooting tip, or you can let Apple do it.

Feb 15, 2015 7:02 PM in response to Hez777

Having the same problem on my iphone 6. Sent my location to my wife via messaging and now her messaging app is crashing, she recently upgrade to 8.1.3. FB has been crashing since updating and so has The Weather Channel app. I tried disabling location services but it didn't help. Did a restore of her phone, still no help. This is a serious bug, Apple needs to fix. Location services is needed by so many apps, this practically cripples the phone.

Feb 15, 2015 7:03 PM in response to swsquish

Try force closing the affected apps. I use messaging and I use the Weather Channel app exclusively for weather info. I've not experienced anything you describe, so I wouldn't say it is a bug, but a problem with that device. When you restored the phone, did you restore from a backup, or restore as new. If from a backup, restore the device as new and test before adding any more content. If it works, then it is something in your backup file. If not, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar of the nearest Apple Store.

Feb 17, 2015 8:18 AM in response to swsquish

Hello I was having the same problem since I've gotten the 6 what was more confusing is that mainly only I seemed to be having the problem or so I thought. This problem seems to affect mostly people who upgraded from an older iPhone and has a strangely easy fix. I can't take credit for figuring out the fix "dmagdmag" seems to be the first to figure it out from what I've seen

The simple fix that has seemed to work this far is to

Go to Settings-->General-->Reset. Choose "Reset All Settings" and that will solve things.

This won't remove any data, media, ring tones, set up email accounts, text conversations, or third party keyboards. It fixed the problem for me and the minor inconvenience of going through the set up again and changing the ring tones and wallpaper took maybe ten minutes toPs

iPhone 5S iOS 8.1.3 Location info causes crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.