Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.1.3 upgrade 3G Data not working on 4s

Yesterday evening I noticed my phone had No Service instead of signal bars, restarting and dialing *228 brought back service but I could not connect to 3G data at all still. Then after spending over an hour on the phone with Verizons tech support I was still able to make and receive calls but still had no data usage. The rep suggested I wait 24 hours to see if it was a system issue.

All day today and tonight I still have no data usage on my phone. Called Verizons tech support again, again spent over an hour on the phone with them and still no data.

Below is a list of the issues I am now experiencing since updating to iOS 8.1.3

• Losing phone activation intermittently

• No 3G data usage period.

• Do Not Disturb scheduled time blocking all incoming calls outside of scheduled quiet time. Manual is not on.

• Cannot erase to restore phone, or disable Find my iphone. Have changed my apple password and icloud password, but when entering into my iphone it says the password it invalid for both turning off Find my iphone and for trying to fully erase & restore my phone.

• Having intermittent issues making outbound calls when dialing from Contacts.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 8:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 2:23 PM in response to Theresasc75

I am having a similar problem, after updating to 8.1.3 I have no 3G connection or network connection. I can make calls and use WIFI, but have no data connection or 3G service. I called Verizon multiple times and also Apple support thru Verizon, but nothing has fixed it. Have tried multiple resets on the phone and several complete restores on iTunes. Apple support suggested restore iphone and setup as new phone, which I've done twice with no help.

Every once in a while it will loose connection completely and I have to dial *228 as well to get service back. Phone worked fine before the 8.1.3 update. Very frustrated with the problem.

8.1.3 upgrade 3G Data not working on 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.