Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you change the FCP interface color?

Hello.

I have to choose between FCP, Premiere, and Avid, I need to know: can the FCP interface background color be changed from black to other colors? BTW, Premiere can go gray, but Avid can't.

For me, if I can't go to a gray interface, I can't use it. (There's a reason books have black type on white paper.) And since I do not color correct, black b.g. is useless and annoying and a dealbreaker for me.

Yes, I searched online on this topic -- but I couldn't find this info anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 9:57 PM

No way to change the UI.

It is mainly grey but on the dark side, not black.

Al

4 replies

Feb 10, 2015 11:49 PM in response to Alchroma

Thanks.

Yeah, I looked at a whole lot of screenshots, and they were all "dark gray," aka "black."

*sigh* remember the days when Apple made creative software for professionals? The only one that's left is Logic Pro. I'm in the TV/movie industry (writer/director) and I know of no editor of narrative longform who works with FCP X. It truly is iMovie Pro, but I wanted to give it a chance out of loyalty.

Anyway, I'm going to be editing my own feature, and from my research it seems like Adobe Premiere is the most like FCP 7 used to be, only more modern.

So it's Adobe Premiere for me! Thanks again for your help.

Can you change the FCP interface color?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.