Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes purchase scam?

I have had an email saying that I made a purchase of £28.99 through to me email from iTunes store which i didn't is this a scam or shall I follow the link to cancel the purchase?? i have gone through to the apple website via safari and made an appointment over the phone with Apple just to be on the safe side

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2015 11:41 PM

It's a phishing attempt to try and get your and account and payment details, do not click on the link (or if you have clicked on it don't fill in any details) - forward the email to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on and iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2015 11:41 PM in response to Gabzx1

It's a phishing attempt to try and get your and account and payment details, do not click on the link (or if you have clicked on it don't fill in any details) - forward the email to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on and iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

iTunes purchase scam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.