Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad disabled and nothing works

I need to figure out how to get access back to be able to use my IPAD.

Unfortunately I forgot the iPad password. So I tried to recover…. when I followed the steps of what to do I ended up having even more problems. I get no keypad option ONLY the message that my iPad is disabled… says to connect to ITUNES….. well that doesn't work because it isn't recognizing it……

I get this message from Itunes "iTunes could not connect to the iPad “Mary's iPad” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes" BUT I CAN'T….. Very frustrated.. Can't I just start from scratch….. I don't even care about information at this point ready to throw this out the window.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 12:24 AM

9 replies

Feb 11, 2015 12:40 AM in response to mekindle

You should be able to use the instructions half-way down the page that you posted from to put the iPad into recovery mode (it may take a few attempts to get it into recovery mode), and you should then be able to reset your iPad back to factory defaults via your computer's iTunes (if it's in recovery mode you shouldn't get the passcode prompt in iTunes ) : Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2015 12:39 AM in response to mekindle

Did you get any error messages to codes, or just the message that you included above ?

Try recovery mode again and see if it restores successfully this time.

Or try just resetting back to factory defaults without restoring to your backup, if that works you can then try restoring to the backup afterwards. Before doing that take a copy of the iPad's backup folder on your computer, I don't think that it will get overwritten by the reset but it's probably best to take a copy of the folder just in case - the backup folder is stored under :

Mac:~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/

The "~" represents your Home folder. If you don't see Library in your Home folder, hold Option and click the Go menu.

Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

To quickly access the AppData folder, click Start. In the search bar, type %appdata%, then press Return.

Windows XP:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, then choose Run. In the search bar, type %appdata%, then click OK.

Ipad disabled and nothing works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.