Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mobile Device failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privilege to start system"

Hi, i have trouble with itunes. With the new update, i was unable to use my itunes. "Apple mobile Device failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privilege to start system". After that, i uninstall/install Itunes...and same message. Any help?

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 6:35 AM

18 replies

Feb 11, 2015 6:39 AM in response to Captsim31

See this support document for restarting the AMDS. How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows - Apple Support

Also, verify that you removed and reinstalled iTunes using these directions. Failure to follow them can produce additional problems. If necessary, remove and reinstall again. Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Captsim31

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If the advice above doesn't resolve things you could try this alternate version:

iTunes 12.1.0.71 for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) - itunes64setup.exe (2015-01-28)

which is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit version of the core application, similar to previous 64-bit releases.

Or roll back to the previous build:

tt2

Feb 22, 2015 4:17 PM in response to paradise1901

The latest builds of iTunes can be found in the further information area of the user tip.

Apple Software Update or the iTunes download page are likely to offer the full 64-bit setup package, and the latest version may run OK for you. If not you can access the new "for older video cards" version there.

There is no need to update unless you have an issue that has since been resolved (12.1.1. is supposed to sort out some audio playback and Outlook sync issues) or you want a newly released feature.

tt2

Apple mobile Device failed to start. Verify you have sufficient privilege to start system"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.