Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp support files on imac 27 5k late 2014

Hi there everyone,

Been trying to install windows 7 by iso file on my 5k late 2014 imac.

After hdd is rebooted and logging in to windows 7 installation screen, i was not able to continue the progress due to '' can't find the drivers'' error.

And each time i try a new solution, i have to format my usb hard drive, and bootcamp is downloading files from internet again, therefore alot of time goes by.

I would like to ask if its not possible for me to download support files manually on apple's site? I could not find any manual downloads for that.

Any help will be Appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 5:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2015 6:02 AM in response to frostinheart

From Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support

Mac model Windows 8
64-bit
Windows 7
64-bit
Windows 7
32-bit
Windows Vista
64-bit
Windows Vista
32-bit
Windows XP
32-bit
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) BCA BCA - - - -
iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2014) BCA BCA - - - -

There is no supported method of downloading drivers, unlike other models. The BC Drivers are 5.1.5766.

Build a USB with ISO/BC drivers once, by unchecking the last "Install/Remove Windows..." and re-use the same USB multiple times. Please use a USB2 device, not a USB3 device. USB3 causes problems, due to lack support built into the Windows installer for USB3 devices.

Bootcamp support files on imac 27 5k late 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.