Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard won't type in captive portal

Hi, I have tried this with a couple zagg keyboards, a couple versions of iPad, and in a couple places and it is a mild annoyance.

When I try to sign into a guest network (staying at a hotel, connecting at a coffee shop, etc) the settings screen is replaced by the captive portal login screen.

The problem is, my Bluetooth keyboard won't type in the credentials in the captive portal. It works fine for everything else. but I have to disconnect it, use the onscreen keyboard to type in the username and password, then reconnect the keyboard.

I even tried typing stuff in with the onscreen keyboard, reconnecting the keyboard, and trying to erase the letters with no success.

I know you can jailbreak it and use google as a default as an option, but I don't want to jailbreak my iPad.

I'm currently using an A1458 (4th gen) iPad with iOS 8.1.3 . I've also tried a 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen iPad with iOS 6,7, and 8. Same issue on all.

Anyone have any ideas?

iPad, iOS 8.1.3, iPad 4

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 7:18 AM

1 reply

Bluetooth keyboard won't type in captive portal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.