Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install on MacBook Windows 32-bit version

Can I install on MacBook Windows 32-bit version? I went through the installation and when I try to run the update on Windows (due to no internet access) I receive a comment that the Windows and Boot Camp Windows update don't agree? I downloaded Windows update through Boot Camp process?

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 7:55 AM

Please find your Mac year/model in Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support matrix and check what versions of Windows you can run and the specific drivers you need.

Windows Update requires internet access to contact M$ servers. If you do not have Bootcamp Drivers loaded and installed, some of your Apple-specific hardware will not work.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2015 7:55 AM in response to daisyallentowwn

Please find your Mac year/model in Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support matrix and check what versions of Windows you can run and the specific drivers you need.

Windows Update requires internet access to contact M$ servers. If you do not have Bootcamp Drivers loaded and installed, some of your Apple-specific hardware will not work.

Feb 11, 2015 9:35 AM in response to daisyallentowwn

From the same link posted earlier,

Mac model Windows 8 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Windows 7 32-bit Windows Vista 64-bit Windows Vista 32-bit Windows XP 32-bit
MacBook Pro
(15-inch, Late 2011)
5 5 4 - - -

You can install W7 32-bit, but you will need to use Boot Camp Support Software 4.0.4033 drivers. You will need to run Bootcamp Assistant 4 from an older version of OSX. You can install OS X: Installing OS X on an external volume - Apple Support which has BCA 4.x and then install W7 32-bit.

Feb 11, 2015 9:45 AM in response to daisyallentowwn

Boot Camp 4, OS X Lion and Mountain Lion: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support should also help.

You do not need to uninstall BCA 5.x. What version of OSX do you currently have?

From Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support

You can also download Boot Camp 4 or Boot Camp 5.1 support software from the Apple Support website. Boot Camp 5.1 requires OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.3 or later.

Can I install on MacBook Windows 32-bit version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.