Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb feature allows calls through when switched to all contacts

Hi people was wondering if anyone had experienced calls whilst there phone was on do not disturb?

As i had it switched to All Contacts thinking that only calls from my contact list would get through,but this it turns out is not correct.

Apparently if your phone is on do not disturb and All contacts is ticked everyone trying to call you will get through rather annoyingly!!!

This feature do not disturb All Contacts should mean when activated only people who are on your contact list should get through not everyone as everyone

gets through whilst your phone is in normal mode.

Your thoughts please........

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3, null

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 10:16 AM

3 replies

Feb 11, 2015 10:21 AM in response to zor4y

If you have it set for All Contacts, then yes, only contacts should get through. Then there is a setting for repeated calls. If someone calls and does not get through and calls again within 3 minutes, they will get through if that switch is turned on. Also, you need to check to see if you have it set for Always or Only when iPhone is locked. If always, it will not matter whether the phone is locked or not, DND should work. If it is set for Only while iPhone is locked, then DND only works when the phone is locked. If the phone is in use, everything will get through. You can review Do Not Disturb operations in this support document. Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 11, 2015 10:35 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi thanks for the reply i can assure you the phone was set up correctly.

I had it set up do not disturb all contacts repeated calls unchecked and always checked in the silence option,

but somehow i had calls and texts from people not on my contacts list

My question people is for your thoughts on this feature not functioning as opposed to how to set it up.

As it clearly is not doing what it is designed to do

Do not disturb feature allows calls through when switched to all contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.