Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera on Cinema display doesn't work when MBP is closed.

I am using a 27" Cinema Display (late 2008) with a 13 inch MBP 2.8GHz (10.7.5). The display is connected with the three wire cable to the MBP.

In normal use, after starting up the MBP, I close the cover of the laptop so that the Cinema Display is active. However, in applications such as Skype, no camera is available in the Skype preferences as long as the MBP is closed. If I open the MBP, then the camera on the display becomes active and shows up in the Skype camera preference. (However, with the MBP open, the screen then reverts back to the MBP and various windows are displayed on the Cinema Display, while others are on the MBP display.

Interestingly, the microphone on the Cinema display remains active while the MBP is closed and I can make Skype audio calls with the MBP closed.

My question is if there is a way to keep the camera on the Cinema Display active for use when the MBP is closed.

thank you.

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 1:09 PM

There are no replies.

Camera on Cinema display doesn't work when MBP is closed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.