Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone does not disconnect after conference call

I have a verizon iPhone 6 plus. Whenever I try to disconnect from conferencing two calls the phone hangs and does not disconnect. It shows call ended and the phone screen grays out, but hangs there. The phone is otherwise usable other than for making calls. The only solution is a reboot. I also want to note that I am using a bluetooth headset with the phone. This issue is consistent and 100% re-creatable.

Any help is appreciated.

BP

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 11:36 AM

8 replies

Mar 11, 2015 3:51 PM in response to Bpasdar

Bpasdar, which headset (brand/model) are you using to reproduce the issue? I'm seeing the same thing on my AT&T iPhone 6+ when using an automotive headunit.

Oddly, I've tried using another AT&T iPhone 6 Plus with 64gb (mine is 16gb) and it doesn't reproduce. I've performed a factory reset on my device and it still reproduced on the first attempt.

My developer account is expired but I'll renew here shortly. If anyone from Apple would care to see some snapshots I have several including Bluetooth diagnostic logs. The headunit is sending a AT+CHLD=0 command to release all lines but the Apple Phone application doesn't release the 2nd line. It stays connected even when that line is hung up. (I believe there's a memory leak which causes the app freeze.)

A soft reset is the only workaround.

Mar 29, 2015 4:14 PM in response to cnick6

Update: I took my phone to the Apple store to have it swapped out under warranty. Eventually (after I reproduced the issue) they gave me a new 16gb model. After updating it to iOS 8.2 the issue reproduced immediately with my Voyager HD BT headset.

It looks like this is an iOS 8.x software bug with 16GB models only.

Oct 5, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Bpasdar

This is still an issue in IOS 9 and only seems to take place when you are using a Bluetooth connection for phone calls and only when using conference calls. I use this feature all the time and it was introduced in IOS 8 somewhere. I was hoping it would be resolved in IOS 9, but that does not seem to be the case. I get around it by switching the call to speakerphone before hanging up on one or both parties. This seems to work most of the time, but not always.

As an easily reproducible error I would think that we could get this fixed by Apple, but I don't know how to get their attention on this......

Oct 5, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Mike Fries

Oddly this went away on my personal 6+ after an AT&T carrier update. I could reproduce this every time with my BT headset but after an update it never reproduced after that.

We also confirmed it reproduces on iOS 9.x as well with different capacities although it seems easier on the 16gb models. It's definitely an iOS issue. I haven't confirmed this reproduces with my 6S+ as yet. Will try this model soon.

iphone does not disconnect after conference call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.