Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck in recovery mode and can't get out,iPod touch

IPOD TOUCH SERIAL NUMBER 1C744FT1W4T.

HI IM STUCK IN RECOVERY MODE AND HAVE TRIED ALL METHODS ADVISE ON THE INTERNET,AS ITUNES NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS OLD IPOD I CANT UPGRADE AND RESTORE. I KEEP GETTING THIS ERROR SAYING ITUNES DOES NOT SUPPORT. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE HOW THIS CAN BE FIXED AS IM AT A LOST CAUSE.

I HAVE TRIED ALL YOUTUBE VIDS AND THEY ALL GIVE THE SAME ADVICE ON HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON AND POWER BUTTON ETC. I EVEN TRIED THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE LIKE TINY UMBRELLA AND IREB AND STILL I HAVE THE SAME LOGO LOCK SCREEN. I DONT MIND LOSING ALL MY MUSIC ON THERE AS I HAVE THAT BACKED U ON HARD DRIVE.

JUST WANT IT WORKING AGAIN !!!!

iPod touch, don't know which old iOS I'm on

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 3:29 PM

11 replies

Feb 14, 2015 1:49 PM in response to Easternsher

ERROR (1)

- Place the iPod in DFU mode and then restore

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- Try on another computer

- Try another cable

- Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Stuck in recovery mode and can't get out,iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.