Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match: "4010" Error

Hello Apple Support Communities!

iTunes Match has had the "4010" Error since BETA. I researched some on this topic, but all topics were closed or had no solution.

✅ iTunes Match goes fine through Step 1. It actually sends the information to Apple, gets all of it, etc.

✖ After it loads to do Step 2, it has an error message: “We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (4010).”

This happened after I turned iTunes Match off, and then turned it on. After that, I tried turning iTunes Match off and on again—and the same thing happened. I have ≈200 songs from CDs I found in my basement I imported into iTunes and music I got off of AudioRip with Amazon.* I want these songs to be back on my iTunes Match, especially when I spent $25 on a product that is supposed to work.

*I turned iTunes Match off so it wouldn't start syncing these songs immediately. I wanted to get Track Names, Album Artwork, etc.

Thanks!

- Ronní J.

Apple Support Communites

iTunes Match-OTHER

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 4:10 PM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2015 12:16 AM in response to ronniefromoh

Hi

Have you looked at this support document? How to troubleshoot iTunes Match - Apple Support

You mentioned turning off match so that you can update track names etc. For importing CDs, do you not get Gracenote data before import? For autorip tracks from Amazon, all metada should be there! Personally, despite what has been reported elsewhere, I have no problems updating metadata and artwork with match turned on.

Jim

Feb 18, 2015 11:58 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi Jimzgoldfinch!

I apologize for the late reply. I have looked at that document and I was sure it was nowhere there. There seem to be odd errors like this that aren't listed anywhere. I'm just looking for how I can fix the "4010" error.

iTunes Match always likes to upload the song as soon as I put it into my iTunes Library, and I don't want the song to be uploaded with "Track 01" etc and no artwork. I do get Gracenote data, but I dislike using it. I usually go through every track and put in the correct info in everything.

Thanks,

- Ronní J.

Feb 19, 2015 12:47 AM in response to ronniefromoh

Hi,

This usually works for clearing 4010 error :

"If iTunes Match is already enabled on your computer or device, try turning iTunes Match off and then on again.

• Mac: While holding down the option key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match.
    Turn iTunes Match on by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • Windows: While holding down the shift key, choose Store > Turn Off iTunes Match.
    Turn iTunes Match on by selecting Store > Turn On iTunes Match.
  • iOS devices: Tap Settings > Music > iTunes Match Off,
    Turn iTunes Match on by tapping Settings > Music > iTunes Match On."

I have not had any major issues with using Gracenote. I find that is mostly accurate, Classical music present the biggest issues for me. Track names are usually accurate on pop, rock, country etc. You can always change the metadata but i find the most common change required is to Genre.

Jim

iTunes Match: "4010" Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.