Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting from compressor to FCPX

Is there a way to export from Compressor directly to FCPX? I am trying to figure out how to best use my nMP. At the moment I am playing with the best way to import 4K mpeg-4 video from my gopro camera.

russ

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 8:59 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Russ H

Video is a new technology for me. I started my project building a 15 year video library of a apprenticeship process. So my focus is not in a less that 3hr video.

The nMP and TB changed the focus from a video library to a video data base. As I was just using FCPX to edit videos thinking of it as a library instead of a database, I really did not care about system design and work flow. When started playing with multiple databases on a TB2 drive, the focus of the project changed to building a video database.

I have five years of raw natural horse videos, there is no movie to be made, but when I want a video of an action or event, I need to be able to search for it. For the data base function I need optimized videos in my libraries so I can skim through the raw footage.

I am experimenting with 4K video seeing how I can import raw 4k video into my FCPX database as efficient as possible. One experiment was to use compressor and render the video into 422 using cluster function of compressor. It looks like the camera transfer rate is too slow to matter. Compressor has not been stable enough for me to really test and understand it. That is probably my issue. Yesterday, I was testing monitor/tb drive combinations to see which combinations were more efficient.

Now I am trying to figure out the most efficient way to import my Video from my GoPro camera. If I shoot 8 hours of 4k video, importing from a flash reader with compressor cluster technology and the batch system might be more efficient.

I am just sorting though my options.

Exporting from compressor to FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.