Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone calendar does not synch with outlook

Starting on Feb 1, my iPhone (5s) does not synch with Outlook (2013). Have tried many things:

1. Building new Outlook data file (.pst)

2. Changing synch settings in iTunes

3. Changing USB cables

4.Removing/reinstalling iTunes and other Aplle software

Problem seems to have started after upgrading iOS and iTunes.

Any idea?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 7:10 PM

14 replies

Feb 12, 2015 7:48 AM in response to justinw11

You can try information out of this support document, even though it does not list 2013. Troubleshooting Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010 - Apple Support

I had trouble one time with Outlook 2010, but that was not a fault of Apple or the software, my .pst. file became corrupted. It seems you have already tried creating a new .pst, so I would try removing and reinstalling iTunes, and make sure that you remove it following the instructions in this support document. Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2015 8:33 AM in response to justinw11

I realize that you had uninstalled once, I can read. However, many times users do not remove the software in the correct order, which can just cause additional problems. It does not hurt to attempt it again, but that decision is up to you. I'm just providing suggestions that I have seen work in the past, including things I have done and had to deal with.

Feb 12, 2015 5:16 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris-

Sorry if my reply sounded snarky - didn't mean it to be. I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

I am starting to conclude that the problem is a corrupt .pst file because:

1. Both iPhone and iPad stopped syncing

2. IPhone apparently synced with new (empty) .pst file - at least all iPhone calendar, contacts, and notes data disappeared from iPhone

3. When I copied data from the old .pst file to the new .pst file the iPhone would no longer sync

i am out of town. When I get back tomorrow my plan is:

1. Build a new (empty) .pst file and insert a couple of new test enties

2. Verify that the iPhone syncs with the new .pst file

3. If so, examine the entrise in the old .pst file one by one (groan) to try to locate corrupt data

SInce the problem started on Feb 1, bad data is probably Feb 1 or later

Does that make sense?

THanks

Justin

Feb 12, 2015 5:31 PM in response to justinw11

Yes, that does make sense. You can transfer data from the old .pst file without saving it as a .pst file. Archive your current .pst. Then save your contacts as vCards, and save your calendar as an iCalendar file. After creating the new .pst file, you can open the old calendar in the new .pst as well as import the vCards back to your contacts.

Last question, did you run the scanpst.exe program to review your .pst file for corruption? You will find that, if I remember correctly, in the Office program folder. You can search for it. Run that, it prompts you for your .pst file and will scan it for problems. But saying that it started on a specific date would lead me to believe it is something you probably added that day. Out of all of the time I've been using Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 with my iPhones, and I've had them since the first one, I've only had 2 small events, and copying over the .pst has fixed them both.

Feb 13, 2015 2:41 PM in response to justinw11

Still cannot sync.

Tried scanpst.exe on pst files. Errors were apparently corrected, but would not sync.

Created new .pst file. Added a couple of test entries. Would not sync.

Tried once again removing all Apple software in order prescribed by Apple, and reinstalling. Still would not sync.

Restored iPhone to old (2014) backup. Got calendar and contact entries from that backup. Still would not synch

Reset sync history. Still would not sync

Feb 13, 2015 4:19 PM in response to justinw11

Sorry to hear that. I've tried everything I know to work with. There was another thread about syncing, but it was about an iPhone 6. I'm going to look and see if I can find you a link to a different version of iTunes 12 that may fix your problem Watch for it.

Okay, try downloading and installing this version of iTunes and see if that fixes the sync issue. iTunes 12.1 for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

iphone calendar does not synch with outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.