Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warning: AdBlock Plus kills some functionality here

With AdBlock Plus enabled for this site (Apple Support Communities), several key capabilities are not displayed, even though AdBlock Plus reports that there are 0 blocked elements. When I disabled AdBlock Plus, full site functionality was restored.

One example is the ability to "unfollow" a discussion that one had previously been following. There is a "Follow" box to the right of the discussion header, and it is either checked or not. With AdBlock Plus running, the entire box is invisible.

NOTE: This is with Safari. Google Chrome does show the "Follow" box, even with AdBlock Plus enabled on it (Chrome).

Mark

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2015 7:12 PM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2015 8:41 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

"Disable" - Yes, that's what I did, and now this site works perfectly on Safari.

What you are missing is that there's no way to discover whether you're missing something when ABP is enabled in Safari, without trying each web page you visit both ways (with ABP enabled and disabled). That makes web surfing take way too long.

And if you end up disabling it everywhere, or almost everywhere, what good does it do to have it in the first place?

Mark

Feb 12, 2015 10:22 AM in response to Mark92630

Mark92630 wrote:

SNIP

What you are missing is that there's no way to discover whether you're missing something when ABP is enabled in Safari, ...SNIP

SNIP

Mark

Mark

Couldn't agree more... I find it odd that an Apple Flagship Product - Safari - has ASC's Tools Blocked by a very stable and in widespread use AdBlocker, yet other competing browser products are just fine. I use a speed test website that detects AdBlockers and pops up a warning to disable it for accurate results. I looked at the Source Code the other day and the JavaScript is about 20 lines, 3 of which are the alert text.

When i first saw your question, I tried to find the threads in which I had participated in past weeks, but ran out of time - but they all exist SINCE modifications made to the ASC SiteWare in early June.

I wonder if the main Apple.com marketing site is missing anything vital? unlikely.

Thanks for putting this in the form of a Thread Title - as all the others were buried in solutions to "How do I do ..." OR "Why can't I do ..." threads.

... curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

ÇÇÇ

Warning: AdBlock Plus kills some functionality here

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.