Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After following the instructions to reset my ipod classic i am confronted with a red cross. Does anyone know how to remove this?

After following the instructions to reset my ipod classic i am confronted with a red cross. Does anyone know how to remove this?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:39 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2015 12:52 PM in response to theplantman5

Hello theplantman5,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If your iPod only shows a circle and cross (or x) screen after resetting or restoring it, try placing it in Disk Mode and restoring it.

Restore iPod from Disk Mode

1. Disconnect iPod from your computer.
  2. Manually put iPod into Disk Mode.
  3. Open the latest version of iTunes and connect iPod.
  4. Restore iPod.

If these steps don't work, or you've already completed them, your iPod may need service:

Setup Service for iPod

If you cannot force your iPod into disk mode and restore it, then your iPod may need service. Click one of the links below to setup an iPod Service Request online or make a reservation at the Genius Bar before visiting your local Apple Retail Store.

You can find the steps above in this article:

iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.