Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I let a circle appear clockwise?

Hey guys,

I want a simple circle appear clockwise. Pretty much the same effect as using the WRITE ON effect for texts. Does anyone know a way?

Best,

Jay

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2015 2:26 PM in response to JMaduk

The Write On behavior has a Direction parameter which lets you reverse the direction the path is drawn.

The manual way to draw the shape is:

In the Shape > Style > Outline inspector, set the First Point Offset to 0% and keyframe the Last Point Offset from 0 to 100%

or

set the First Point Offset and Last Point Offset to 100% and keyframe the First Point Offset from 100 to 0%

(The Write On behavior automatically applies the "manual method" for you without having to manually keyframe the settings.)

To change the starting point of the circle/shape, use the Edit Points tool and Right Click on any of the Bezier control points and select Set First Point from the popup menu. To create a custom starting point, move the cursor over the bezier line and when the cursor changes to the black arrow, right click and Add Point, then right click on that point again and Set Start Point.

How can I let a circle appear clockwise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.