Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download iweb on mac book pro?

I have downloaded the first version of iweb (1.1.1) onto my lap top but before I can finish installing the program the following message appears

User uploaded file

please help!!!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 8:21 AM

The message asks to choose a hard drive so to install the program. The Macintosh HD has an exclamation mark stating that updates are not available because iweb is not found in a valid application from the app store.

5 replies

Feb 12, 2015 3:21 PM in response to ButterflyGaby

It means just what is says, that if you want to update your copy of iWeb, you will need to go to Amazon and purchase a copy of either the iLife 09 or iLife 11 box set and install iWeb from that.

iWeb is not available as a download from anywhere because it is no longer a supported product and Apple does not sell or support it and has not done so for over 2 years now.

If you want iWeb, then purchase iLife 09 or 11, but I would suggest that you use a supported product such asEverWeb.

Feb 12, 2015 10:18 PM in response to ButterflyGaby

That version of iWeb is almost 10 years old! It won't run on your computer. You'd have to buy an older version of iLife on Amazon.

iWeb is no longer being developed and I wouldn't recommend you start building a website with it. The current version (which hasn't been updated in nearly 5 years) has lots of issues on Mavericks and Yosemite.

If you want something as easy as iWeb but more powerful and modern, try EverWeb.

There are other web development products on the Mac including; RapidWeaver, Sandbox, Flux, Dreamweaver and a few more.

Hope this helps!

How can I download iweb on mac book pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.