You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app doesn't show audiobooks anymore

I used to listen to podcasts, audiobooks, and other recordings on my iPhone, but starting yesterday, the categories in the Music app changed so that I can't access these files anymore.

I tried to open them with other apps (Podcasts, Audible) and it didn't work either.

(to be clear: I can listen to audobooks from Audible in the Audible app; I can also listen to podcasts that I subscribed to in the Podcasts app; but if I download single episodes of podcasts straight from the websites or have other audio files that I declare as audiobooks in iTunes on my Mac and that show up there under audiobooks, there are the ones that don't show up anymore -- though when I connect my phone to the Mac and check from there it shows that the files are on the phone (though they are inaccessible via Spotlight too)).

Here a screen of what my Music app looks like now, the category "Audiobooks" just disappeared:

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 9:36 AM

There are no replies.

Music app doesn't show audiobooks anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.