Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage crash

iPhone5, iOS 8.1.3

I am having a persistent problem with iMessage. When I try to edit a message during the process of writing the message, iMessage will crash and return me to the home screen. The message is not saved and I must start the message all over again. Of course, I could never edit another message, but that could cause problems.

I have deleted recently installed apps, rebooted, and reset the iPhone with no results.

I have not tried a restore. When restoring, am I able to not upgrade to the current OS? I did not have this problem until my most recent software update.

Thank you for your time and help.

Sarah

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 11:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 6, 2016 8:21 PM in response to srahkonamojo

I will get a notification upon receiving a iMessage and a notification on the icon, but when opening the iMessage app, it brings me to the screen as if I was sending a new message. From here I can attempt to add a name to send the message to. it will allow me to type a name and will start to filter thru contacts, but as soon as the contact is chosen, the app will crash.

the other function I can do is hit the cancel off of the message screen and it takes me to the message list. there are no messages displayed and no other options for me to choose, other than draft a new message, which crashes when one attempts to choose a recipient.

restarts of the phone, changing settings and everything else I have tried has not worked

IOS 9.2.1 on a iPhone 6sPlus

iMessage crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.