Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Window 7 partition unresponsive in v10.10.2 OSX, keyboard and trackpad unresponsive on log in screen

late 2011 macbook pro

OSX Yosemite v10.10.2

When I use the alt key to go to windows partition the Windows side starts up with a black screen where I can choose safe mode or regular start. The windows log in screen is unresponsive once it loads when start window normally is selected. Keyboard and trackpad do nothing on this screen. Mac side works fine.

Does anyone have any advice on how to correct this so I can recover my windows side without reinstalling partition?

Possibly Loner T?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 9:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Ltmills17

Your BC Drivers on the Windows side need to be repaired.

Please use Boot Camp: System requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems - Apple Support to download appropriate drivers.

Please Boot Camp: Install or repair Boot Camp drivers as necessary.

Verify in Device Manager on the Windows and ensure that there are no unknown devices.

This can also be done using Windows Startup Repair, if Windows is unresponsive when noted normally.

You may also need http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392 if the BCD needs to be re-built.

Window 7 partition unresponsive in v10.10.2 OSX, keyboard and trackpad unresponsive on log in screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.