Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod is recognized by iTunes but songs won't show up on device

I bought a brand new 32gb ipod touch 5th generation last weekend. I put about 8gb of music onto it. the music displayed under the "on my device" section of my ipod in itunes however when i disconnected my ipod the only songs on it were ones that were purchased through itunes. I contacted apple support twice and both times was told to restore my device and put everything back on again. the second time the process worked by syncing only certain artists/albums but not with single songs.

when i finally got it to sync (after a total of 8 hours wasted and 35gb of music added and removed after 2 full resets) some of the album art doesnt show, the song titles/artists don’t show up, it plays the wrong songs. all my music is tagged correctly and i cant figure out why this won't work. all the songs i added show up as "unknown title/unknown artist" yet when i click them they all play songs with titles and artists

i dont know why i cant just drag and drop songs like every other ipod i’ve ever had (a total of 5 over the years). if anyone can help me with this i'd really appreciate it. I've wasted so much time on this and apple chat support is broken right now

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 9:43 AM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2015 10:39 AM in response to MacTonight

Remove and reinstall iTunes by:

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

Next, try

Try DFU mode and then restore to factory settings/new iPod via iTunes

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

Try on another computer as a test to help determine if you have an iPod or computer problem. You will have to restore the iPod on this computer.

- Last, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod is recognized by iTunes but songs won't show up on device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.