Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I purge old supposedly deleted data in iCal?

I normally keep my Powerbook in sleep mode with iCal running and everything behaves normall except for the usual slowness at times. However if for any reason iCal has to be closed down on restart it always restores data going back as far as May 2006 that has long been deleted -- I archive anything I want to keep off to a textfile diary so that iCal should always be looking forward. I've found the only way to resolve this each time is to unregister with .Mac the re-register and download correct data from there ... until the next time. (None of the machines using 10.3 exhibit this problem.)

I'm happy to go into the database with a text editor if anyone has clear guidelines on what would need to be done but I don't want to remove entries then to find the database broken.

Lots of clutter also relating to old repeating entries could usefully be hacked out at the same time -- it doesn't show but it does lurk in the database.

Powerbook 12" G4 1.5GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.7), Also 2 x eMac (10.3.9) and occasionally iBook (10.3.9)

Posted on Oct 9, 2006 4:58 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2006 1:05 AM in response to pli_selon_pli

Further information as I had an unexpected shutdown. The system log shows the following three times at startup:

2006-10-30 20:41:52.817 iCal[403] Impossible to create calendar bundle at path:/Users/ag/Library/Application Support/iCal/Sources/1D1A7F76-FA75-43B4-8C7E-194DAE6FC780.calendar

Any clues as to what is going on? The .ics files in my Library directory after this has happened contain redundant data going back four years but lack lots of recent stuff. I'm tempted to archive them off to a safe place and replace them with file exports from the current calendar as synchronized with .Mac

How can I purge old supposedly deleted data in iCal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.