Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch video podcasts on Apple TV?

On my computer, podcasts are a major headline on the standard menu. On Apple TV, they don’t seem to be part of the menu. How can I find them?

Thank you for your help!

PS. My reason for asking is I’d love to have my TV show a video of beautiful scenery – as if I had the greatest natural beauty just outside that big “window” in my living room. Videos like that seem not to be available for sale. They’re only available as free podcasts. Fine, but on my Apple TV I can't find any downloaded podcasts. Are there any other ways I can see uncut, peaceful videos of natural beauty?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2015 8:57 AM

Hello TheSky888,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

What you can do to watch podcasts on your Apple TV is to set up Home Sharing on your computer and sharing the podcasts from there to your Apple TV.

iTunes: Setting up Home Sharing on your computer - Apple Support

Regards,
Jeff D.

3 replies

Feb 14, 2015 4:00 PM in response to jeffd55

Thank you Jeff,

I’ve found a much better way to watch relaxing nature videos. I’ve set up a Vimeo account and accessed it for my Apple TV.

For some reason, there are no relaxing nature videos on iTunes. I can’t really imagine why. They are for sale many other places on the internet. And the ones to buy are much better than the free podcasts.

Instead of buying them on Amazon and then accessing them through my home network I buy them on Video On Demand (VOD) on Vimeo. They are not cheap, but they are great. And I can watch them, no problem, on my Apple TV. I’ve now been on long walks along Thai beaches, watched the sun set and rise over the Pacific, sailed down a river in a mangrove jungle and the like. Just what I wanted. Perfect to have in the background on the TV while working on the computer.

How can I watch video podcasts on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.