Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to use motion tracking to have text follow a section of the background.The text box follows the motion path, but the text just sits there. What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to use motion tracking to have text follow a section of the background.The text box follows the motion path, but the text just sits there. What am I doing wrong?

Motion 5

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 1:13 PM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Karsten Schlüter

I recently spent some quality time with an Apple support person and we discovered that the background of my sequence that I was tracking to had a slow-motion effect and Motion was having a hard time doing motion tracking and slow-motion at the same time. Once I exported the slow-motion background and brought it back in again the tracking worked fine. The apple guy said he will report it as a bug. Seems like an effects software package should be able to do both.

Thanks.

Peter

Feb 17, 2015 8:12 AM in response to Peteedit777

Motion basically looks at the the source footage and it's timing (in the timing section of the Inspector) when analyzing for tracking. Filters are basically ignored by the tracker. Retiming actions, like time re-mapping, or retiming behaviors that are applied before the tracker should be used by the tracker. Did you change the timing after doing the tracking? If so this would also require you to re-track the shot. Understanding that you found a workaround, describing the effects you applied would help to explain why you ran into problems.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.