Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since upgrading to os X my keystrokes are delayed and loading pages and apps is slower

since upgrading to os X my keystrokes are delayed and loading pages and apps is slower. Any one experience this issue?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 2:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 14, 2015 10:35 AM in response to numbermama

Hello numbermama,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

If the performance of your Mac seems slower after updating OS X, I have a few tips that you may find helpful.

First, see the information in this article:

OS X Yosemite: If your Mac runs slowly

Next, try booting into Safe Mode to see if you experience better performance there:

OS X: What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode? - Apple Support

If you see better performance in Safe Mode, follow this tip:

If the issue does not occur, there may be an issue with a startup item, login item, or kext file. Refer to this article for troubleshooting suggestions.

Mac OS X: How to troubleshoot a software issue - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Feb 14, 2015 11:22 AM in response to numbermama

Activity Monitor - Mavericks also Yosemite

Activity Monitor in Mavericks has significant changes

Performance Guide

Why is my computer slow

Why your Mac runs slower than it should

Slow Mac After Mavericks

Things you can do to resolve slowdowns see post by Kappy

Try running this program and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read.

Etrecheck – System Information

since upgrading to os X my keystrokes are delayed and loading pages and apps is slower

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.