Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I entered an hp cd, for a new printer, into my imac. nothing comes up on my screen. what am I not doing?

I entered an HP cd for a new printer, officejet pro 8620-e, into my imac. Nothing appears on my monitor. What do I do next to initiate the wireless printer for both my imac and iphone? thank you!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 12:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2015 9:00 AM in response to johnfromgoodland

Hello johnfromgoodland,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to set up your HP Officejet Pro 8620 with your iMac. Typically there is no need to use the install disk that came with your printer to install the required software. If your printer is on the list of supported printers in the following article, which it is, all you need to do to install the software is use Software Update.

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

For more information on adding a printer to your Mac, please refer to the following article.

Mac Basics: Printing in OS X - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

I entered an hp cd, for a new printer, into my imac. nothing comes up on my screen. what am I not doing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.