Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Turn Off Keychain

Hi

I am trying to turn off iCloud Keychain on OSX 10.10.2 but cant...

User uploaded file

This is the screen i see. I have already turned off (with great difficulty) keychain on my iPhone. So I press options and I get 'reset keychain', press yes.

enter my password, all is fine. setup new 4 number passcode, fine, enter my phone number and get the error: iCloud keychain couldn't be set up because there was an error communicating with icloud.

I want to do this because whenever i boot i get 20 or so messages asking for the password to 'local items' keychain.

This sound familiar to anyone? I'm verging on a clean install, spent days trying to figure this out.

Thanks,

Gaz.

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 12:54 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2015 2:36 PM in response to iW00

Hi Baby Boomer and Iwoo

Thanks for your replies. I had 2 separate issues it would seem. I manages to fix the 'local items' keychain issue from Npalamidis post in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1652089

And i solved the icloud keychain issue by re enabling keychain on my iphone and getting approval there.

Thanks again for your replies.

Gaz.

Cannot Turn Off Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.