Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music imports (or added) not showing

I have some music that is not showing up in my itunes library. I've tried dragging it to the itunes "music library page" (not sure what it is called), copy and pasting it in, dragging it to the itunes media; music folder in "finder". I've also tried "add to library". It's an MP3 Format that is on my desktop that will play when I double click it, but that doesn't help if I want it on my ipad.

How do I make this music show up?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 3:39 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2015 11:52 AM in response to triboiler

Hello triboiler,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From what I understand, it sounds like you would like to add music already on your computer to iTunes. To move your content into iTunes, please follow the instructions located in the attached article.

Adding music and other content to iTunes - Apple Support

Adding content on your computer to iTunes

iTunes helps you add digital audio and video files on your computer directly to your iTunes library. You can add audio files that are in AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless, or Audible.com (.aa) format. If you have unprotected WMA content, iTunes for Windows can convert these files to one of these formats. You can also add video content in QuickTime or MPEG-4 format to iTunes. To learn how to add these files to iTunes follow the steps below.

1. Open iTunes
  2. From the File menu, choose one of the following choices:
    • Mac

Add to Library

• Windows
      • Add File to Library
      • Add Folder to Library
  3. Navigate to and select the file or folder that you want to add

If iTunes is set to "Copy files to the iTunes Music folder when adding to library," iTunes will copy all content that is added to the iTunes library to the iTunes Music folder. To adjust this setting or change the location of this folder, go to the Advanced tab in iTunes Preferences.

Have a great day,

Joe

music imports (or added) not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.