Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook pro won't turn on, even though it's fully charged. I can hear a disk chime but nothing on the display. Help?

I'm having an issue with turning my MacBook pro on. It's fully charged and when I press the power button I hear a disk chime but nothing happens on the display. Can anyone help please?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 3:11 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Sawyer17

Hi after trying the other option given. Try resetting the pram. Hold down the Command/Option/P/R on startup for three chimes and then continue boot. If after this, you still see no screen display, close the lid and see if the sleep light is on. If it is, see by holding up to a good light or using a flash light you see anything showing on the screen. If you can,even faintly see it, you have a back light problem. Other wise follow the rest of the advise given and take it in.

My MacBook pro won't turn on, even though it's fully charged. I can hear a disk chime but nothing on the display. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.