Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1 ipod touch 8.1.3

I have a new ipod Touch 64Gb running ios 8.1.3. itunes has just updated to 12.1 on my computer running windows.

Since updating itunes today it keeps deleting all the music on my ipod after I try to upload more.

Suddenly it just stops adding music and then suddenly everything on the ipod is gone.

I've restored my ipod rebooted checked everything for updates but it's no better.

I get as far as adding four albums from scratch after it has been cleaned out and it just does it again and again.

Can I revert back to the previous version of itunes?

It's driving me nuts.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3, itunes 12.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:42 PM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2015 7:36 PM in response to Actiontimevision

I am having this same exact issue but with my iPhone 5s. I am running iOS 8.1.3 and the latest version of iTunes for Windows (12.1.0.71). When I connect my iPhone to my PC and make a change to my music on my iPhone 5s ALL of my non iTunes purchased music is deleted. I have 32GB of music on my 64GB iPhone 5s. Sometimes if I re-sync my iPhone all the music will get copied back. However, it just happened to me again and when I sync my music doesn't get copied back. I even tried disconnecting it from my PC and then reconnecting and doing another sync, but it doesn't copy my music back as it did before. This is VERY frustrating as it takes quite a bit of time to copy back my 32GB of music (when it works). 😠 This didn't start happening until recently so I suspect iTunes 12.1 is the culprit.

What is strange is that in iTunes on my PC, still shows all the music on my iPhone, but on the iPhone itself the music player only shows the iTunes purchased music. If I go into SETTINGS-->GENERAL-->ABOUT it shows 32GB free since all the music was deleted. This has happened to me 3 times now.

iPhone 5s (iOS 8.1.3)

iTunes 12.1.0.71 Windows 64bit

Feb 13, 2015 4:27 AM in response to Dark Fiber

What I am having to do is load an album and immediately manually create a back up of my ipod.

As it only creates a back up when you disconnect your back up didn't even have the saved music so was just blank as well.

Seems to be once you reach a certain amound of music/data it just goes haywire.

We can only hope for a new download to come along asap to correct this issue .

itunes 12.1 ipod touch 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.