Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iPhone are in iCloud but can't see them in Mac iPhoto

I have turned on Photo Sharing and My PhotoStream in iCloud settings on the Mac, and have turned on iCloud Photo Library (beta), Upload to My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing on the iPhone 5s Photos and Camera, and iCloud settings. On my Mac, I do not see the iCloud photos anywhere. From System Preferences I can go to Manage My Storage on iCloud and can see that iCloud contains 309 photos and 8 videos in iCloud Storage in the "Photo Library". That is the same number that were uploaded automatically there from the iPhone.

However, I cannot get to those photos on iCloud from either Finder or iPhoto on my Mac. I am running Yosemite with everything up to date but am a newbie to the Mac and am struggling. From iPhoto I have tried "Import to Library" from the File dropdown but cannot find any location with those photos on iCloud. HELP! What am I missing or not understanding?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:27 PM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2015 9:47 AM in response to DeborahH14

I have turned on Photo Sharing and My PhotoStream in iCloud settings on the Mac, and have turned on iCloud Photo Library (beta), Upload to My Photo Stream, and iCloud Photo Sharing on the iPhone 5s Photos and Camera, and iCloud settings.

Your Mac does not yet see iClod Photo Library (Beta) (see this link: iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ). The next version of MacOS X and the new Photos.app to be released later this year will support it. On your Mac you can only see iCloud Photo Library (Beta) photos on the iCloud web page, using the iCloud Photos (Beta).app on the page: https://www.icloud.com

However, you should be able to see your new iPhone photos in My Photo Stream and photos yu shared to a Shared Album, if you enable iCloud in iPhoto's Preferences. Have you enabled MyPhoto Stream and Photo Sharing in bothe your System Preferences and in iPhoto's iCloud Preferences? See this page: iCloud: Get help using My Photo Stream

Photos from iPhone are in iCloud but can't see them in Mac iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.