Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with getting an update for my 1st generation ipod shuffle.

I am trying to install iTunes and iPod software on my computer but the iPod cd is apparently not compatible with my version of windows. I need to download an update but I cannot get any support because my 1st generation iPod shuffle is not one of the selections available for support. Does anyone know how I can download the update I need?

iPod shuffle, Windows 7, ipod cd will not install

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 4:41 PM

Don’t bother with the CD. The current version of iTunes contains or will download everything it needs.

(122206)

3 replies

Feb 13, 2015 6:56 PM in response to Niel

Neil, I installed itunes but that hasn't helped the issue I am having with my 1st generation iPod. I have searched and searched but there is nothing that allows me to update my iPod, download to my iPod, all I see is iPhone or iPad, neither of which I happen to own, so I am still at square one with my problem. I can't get any Apple support because my iPod is not one of the choices, no mention of the 1st generation. It's as if it no longer exists and there is no support available. I tried plugging it into my usb port, hoping that something would pop up on the screen and give me guidance, but alas, that failed as well. I feel like this whole thing is an exercise in futility. 😕 Thanks for your attempt to assist me.

I need help with getting an update for my 1st generation ipod shuffle.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.