Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus Bluetooth issues; dropped connections, intermittent connections +

My iPhone 6 Plus is running iOS 8.1.3 and has been suffering from major Bluetooth connectivity issues for about a month and a half.

In my vehicle (2012 VW Tiguan) phone calls often fail to connect to the car's audio system and speakers, inexplicably switching to "Private Call" (meaning the call is made through the phone). Lately, both car and phone indicate they are connected, but when I try and place a call, the connection immediately disappears and has to be reset manually. Other times, and perhaps most frustrating of all, the phone itself appears to freeze, menus become inaccessible, and the only way to activate it is to force a reset.

Playback of Music, Podcasts, Rdio and Spotify will at times be intermittent, as if the audio is skipping like a scratched CD or vinyl album.; this occurs both in the car and on a pair of Jabra bluetooth headphones that do not have similar issues with other devices; the headphones connect to my computers and iPad and playback is uninterrupted; other devices (older iPhone) connect to the car without dropped issues.

And on a totally unrelated note (but maybe it is related--who knows???), all my non-iTunes purchased music stopped showing up in the Music app when I looked at Albums and Artists lists, but when the phone connects to iTunes on my computer and I look at Music listed under the device, it says all the music that I manually uploaded is on the phone.

I would not have typically upgraded as early as I did with this iPhone 6 Plus if it were not for the imminent arrival of the Apple Watch, and I am beginning to second think my decision to do so. I have never been more disappointed in an Apple product than I am with this phone. These Bluetooth issues are potential deal breakers in my relationship with Apple.

I have turned bluetooth off and reset the phone then turned it back on. I have forgotten all devices and reconnected. I have reset all network settings. None of these fixes have worked, and I am not keen on doing a factory reset, as that has never been a successful option for me in the past.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 7:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 2, 2015 9:25 PM in response to JimQBiM

Same here and I was so hopeful that this latest update would address this, but to no avail, I updated and within seconds of starting streaming music, it cut out. Sometimes the phone still shows as connected, other times, it doesn't then when I manually connect through settings, it won't connect. I've reset the phone, toggled my bluetooth more than any man should be toggling bluetooth, I've turned my car audio on/off, and have repaired the phone plenty. But still. Clearly 8.4 update was all about the music app and subscription service, not much on known and long term issues.

Jul 4, 2015 8:53 AM in response to JimQBiM

I have a similar problem with a 6+ and my 2014 Accord. I've had this problem as long as I've had the phone/car combination. My wife's iPhone 6 connects without problems. Over half of my incoming calls drop after they are answered. They "transfer" to the phone, according to the car software, but they're always gone when I try to transfer them back. I've worked with Honda, reset or rebooted anything you can reset or reboot. I've renamed the phone, reset network extensions and turned Bluetooth off/on while connected. Honda has been helpful, but they finally suggested I get diagnostics run on the phone at an Apple Store.

Has anyone else done this?

iPhone 6 Plus Bluetooth issues; dropped connections, intermittent connections +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.