Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard - key shadow

Hey, I have an iPad Air 2.
For some reason whenever I'm typing with the onscreen touch keyboard that is factory installed, not a third party keyboard, it doesn't click if you will on the screen.
When I press a key the sound comes and it does type, however when I press any key on the keyboard, the shadow on whichever key I've pressed, doesn't change. It almost seems as if the keyboard appears frozen however it can still type and has sound when typing.

Just need to know how do I get it to set back so when I press a key, it actually seems like on the keyboard, that I'm pressing a key instead of it staying one colour.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3, Air 2

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 7:33 PM

6 replies

Feb 13, 2015 12:20 AM in response to HBhullar91

Have you tried restarting or resetting your ipad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after It shuts down, press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10-15 seconds). No data will be lost.

Feb 13, 2015 3:08 PM in response to JimHdk

User uploaded fileYes I've tried both those methods including restoring it and it's been the same.
I have pictures attached, the black keyboard is fine and you can see what key your pressing. However when then white keyboard is up, any letter key I press, it doesn't visually show that the key was tapped. But all the keys around it like the enter key, backspace, siri key etc all visual change colour when tapped.

May 23, 2015 3:48 AM in response to HBhullar91

I know that it has been a while, since the original post, but anyway - I had the same problem yesterday.. Restoring "as a new device" did solve the issue, but when I made all the settings as I wanted, problem appeared again.. But I found the solution.. Because I wanted my battery to last as long as possible, I switched the setting of Reducing Transparency (Settings - General - Accessibilty - Reduce Transparency) to ON.. At that time, shadow of any key pressed in any app, didn't appear.. As soon as I switched the "Reduce Transparency" option to OFF, shadow of the key pressed is back when typing.. I hope this helps somebody who is having same problem.. Best regards..

iPad keyboard - key shadow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.