You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I edit my apple id information?

I created an apple id for someone else and put my birth date instead of hers. How do I edit the information to the correct one. She is a minor.

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 8:02 PM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2015 7:18 AM in response to joeydogtoo

joeydogtoo

With all due respect to our friend gail, for the life of me, I cannot find her reference to a place on MY AppleID page - anywhere on any topic. Here's the screen she pointed to:

User uploaded file

⬆ click/tap for full size ⬆

After much searching for the same issue on another thread, we must conclude that "Birth Date" is un-changeable - likely because of security reasons* - based on Apple's own statement to that effect.

----

ChitlinsCC Feb 5, 2015 11:12 AM
Re: How do I change my child's apple if from a adult back to a child in response to ct1216 | This solved my question

according to the instructions here > Family Sharing and Apple IDs for kids - Apple Support - the ¶ says

Use these steps to create an Apple ID and add the child to your family group:

1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Family, and tap "Create an Apple ID for a child."
  2. Enter your child's birthday and tap Next. The birthday for a child's account can't be changed after the account is created. Be sure to enter the correct date.

The only thing you can do is create another NEW account with a new alias - such as "Child'sNameTOO" with correct birth date - for example, or better yet, let the child choose their own alias an

ÇÇÇ

-----

* SECURITY

1. what if the child WAS 'underage' but figured out how to get to their "Apple - My Apple ID" page = voila! - I'm now an "ADULT"
  2. Birth Dates are a common identifier in many authentication processes - Apple may feel that because of #1 that it would be good to make it a permanent one

best regards to you all

ÇÇÇ

Feb 13, 2015 7:41 AM in response to joeydogtoo

The date of birth can be changed via the Password & Security section on http://appleid.apple.com - answering the security questions on that screen will take you to a second screen where the date of birth, security questions, and rescue email address can be changed.

An adult account can't be changed to a child account, so the range that the date of birth can be changed to is limited. Child accounts can only be created by a family organiser in family sharing.

how do I edit my apple id information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.