Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini wanting to upgrade from 10.5.8 to anything newer for safari to work properly

I have a problem. certain sites are not working because my safari will not support the changes they have made to the website. ei. cannot see anything i want to or update my profiles. I have a mac mini with 10.5.8. and need to upgrade to newer for things to work. these are my specs for my 2009 mac mini...

Model Name: Mac mini

Model Identifier: Macmini2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MM21.009A.B00

SMC Version (system): 1.19f2

Serial Number (system): YM7503MPYL1

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CBAD8BAD

I dont know what else i need to get it to work. and my mother is having the same problems with hers because her os for her mac mini is a 10.4.4. so i need to get hers upgraded as well for her work. she will have less power as my mac as her mini is older. will it still work or will i need to find her a new computer?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 9:53 PM

8 replies

Feb 12, 2015 10:00 PM in response to ebchampagne

Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu and check the processor.

A PowerPC Mac mini can’t be upgraded past 10.5.8.

For a Core Duo Mac, click here, install the DVD, and run Software Update.

For your Mac mini, upgrade it as if it was a Core Duo Mac, and once done, if desired, go to the online Apple Store and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004. If you upgrade the OS, back up the computer first.

(122228)

mac mini wanting to upgrade from 10.5.8 to anything newer for safari to work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.