Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get Home Sharing to work with ATV, v7.0.3 and iTunes 12.1.0.50

I can't get Home Sharing to work. I'm looking at my MacBook screen and iTunes says Home Sharing is On. On Apple TV, it says Turn On Home Sharing in iTunes. Both are using the same Apple ID and password (signed out and signed back in manually on both). I have tried the following: Signing out of and into Home Sharing on Apple TV and iTunes, closing iTunes and restarting the MacBook, restarting and restoring Apple TV to factory settings, restarting my router, all possible iterations of the aforementioned. Nothing seems to work. Also tried renaming my computer in preferences/sharing.

Any new ideas?

Using ATV3 software v7.0.3

iTunes software v12.1.0.50

MacBook software OS X Yosemite v10.10.2

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 3:26 AM

6 replies

Feb 13, 2015 6:07 PM in response to homartens

Only have one network; wireless. On it's own, the MacBook can use wifi to surf the net and Apple TV can watch movie previews from Apple via wifi.

It did work about two months ago. I haven't used it since then for home sharing but have used the Apple TV on its own.

I read the Troubleshooting page on Apple Support. It involves turning various things on and off, which I did

Can't get Home Sharing to work with ATV, v7.0.3 and iTunes 12.1.0.50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.