Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 3 Unknown Error Occurred (-1)

My iPad 3 shows the error message "iPad 3 Unknown Error Occurred (-1). On the screen, Apple Icon shows first, then the plug into iTunes graphic. I do. It does nothing. Help!

I tried to reset, yet get the same graphic.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 6:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2015 1:59 PM in response to Lyoungstudio

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 1000, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.

These errors mean that your device or computer may have a hardware issue that's preventing the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't preventing your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Confirm that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Check for outdated or modified software

Related errors: 1015, “The required resource can't be found.”You might see these error messages if any of these are true:

• Your device has a beta version of iOS.
  • You're trying to install an earlier version of iOS (downgrading).
  • Your device has unauthorized modifications to iOS, also called "jailbreaking."

Use recovery mode to restore your device to the latest version of iOS.

Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apple’s recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.

Ipad 3 Unknown Error Occurred (-1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.