Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a clean reinstall

Ok so iTunes died n threw a wobbly on me a few weeks back, so I`m trying to start from scratch again, BUT when I uninstall and reinstall it grabs my iTunes id from somewhere, ands wants to start downloading tunes I`ve bought, that are in the cloud.

And more importantly won`t let me redirect iTunes to point to the folder I want which is on another drive where my MP3s are?

Now going to Properties, advanced settings change folder etc doesnt work, it wont pull in my MP3s!?

How can I start from a fresh install, do I have to logout all my ipads, iphones from apple first?

All comments welcome.

Iain

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 13, 2015 5:40 AM

5 replies

Feb 14, 2015 5:28 AM in response to Chia96

Nope! not working, managed to delete everything except C:Program files>Common files>Apple>Internet Sevices? which wanted administrator privileges to delete which I`m logged into?!

As soon as I downloaded and installed iTunes it had my name on it and wanted to started downloading from the cloud again?

Do I have to try again and get rid of that C:Aplle folder and contents before it will clean install?

Feb 14, 2015 7:31 AM in response to iainfromforres

For issues with the software installation seeTroubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

If you want to try to reconnect to your original library see Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash.

You can sign out of the iTunes Store in order to hide your purchase history. You can can create a new library by pressing and holding down shift as you start iTunes. Keep holding until asked to choose or create a library. Click create.

Ideally you will place both your library and media on the same drive which makes it easy to backup your iTunes library and relocate it to a new drive or computer when required. See Make a split library portable. If you're going to start over create a new iTunes library in the root of the chosen drive, then move the media inside \iTunes\iTunes Media before adding it to the library.

tt2

How to get a clean reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.